Friday 16 September 2011

Echo McCool - "Blown Away" - Neko Neko Review

There are bad books, there are mediocre books, and there are GREAT books. I came across this book after a friend briefly mentioned having read and enjoyed it. I figured for the price, I couldn't really lose, even if it wasn't all that good. It was excellent! 2 thumbs up without a doubt.


The story is riveting and I love the mystery involved with the main characters family (they set out to solve the murder of his mother). The plot is packed with so much suspense, magic, battles, and courage. Jason and Echo are two characters you can't help but grow attached to. The way this story is written, you can really "feel" the world. From the sounds to the full visual, it's a complete package. It felt sort of like watching a movie play out in my head (not all writers have this talent and most fail to deliver!)


I enjoyed the unique aspects such as Echo being of a dryad bloodline. You will not be able to read this story and say "this author stole this idea, I've read tons of books just like this many times". It's a step in a new and splendid direction for middle grade/young adult books.

No comments:

Post a Comment