Sunday 18 September 2011

Echo McCool - "A Novel to Rival the Rest" - Doug, Brooklyn Review

I think that the world will be hearing a lot more of Echo McCool. I thought her character was so well created and the blend of being a wielder of magic, with the self-abilities of a fighter was excellent. The fact that she is not just another human, but of dryad blood adds the icing on the cake for me. So many authors re-use fantasy characters that have been written a thousand times before (not that this is always a bad thing), but I loved the fact that this was something new and created fresh in the authors imaginative mind. I like the pace, which keeps moving forward, never hitting dull "dead zones" where you end up skimming through half of the book.

Soooooo, in a nutshell this book rocks!! = )

No comments:

Post a Comment